So, I have several goals for myself in 2019 and I thought since we were 1/4 of the way through, I would check in to see how things were going. I just have to say, I am ROCKING 2019.
1. Book Reading Goal: I have a goal of reading 75 books and I am on track to surpass this. Here’s to hoping I will not hit a reading slump. I have read 27 books so far this year and by the end of March 2019 I hope you make that 29. Not too shabby!
2. Finish More Series: We all know we generally pick up a series, but then never finish it. It is my goal to finish ALL the series this year. If I start a series one month, I want to pick up the next one at least in the next 2 months. I am rocking this y’all! So far this year, I have finished The Raven Cycle and the Unwind series. I have read the second book in a series a lot, and I plan to continue this. I feel like sometimes this might lead to a reading slump due to being in the same world over and over again, but I will slow it down if so.
3. Slow the Buying Down: Y’all, it used to be nothing to me to buy like 30 books per month. As some of you know, I just started reading a lot in June 2018. So I needed books to read. I had to fill those shelves. In 2019, I wanted to slow some of that buying down. No only to save money, but also because it was giving me anxiety to have all those unread books just sitting there! I was doing really well. I had only brought like 10 books total in the months of January and February. Then came March and that darn BookOutlet sale! I was enjoying watching my physical TBR decrease. I brought. I did pick up 9 books in that sale and had already brought 4 books earlier in December. I don’t think that’s too bad considering 6 of those were continuation in series I needed to acquire. Hey, I’m trying to do goal #2! 😉
4. Read At Least One BOTM pick per month: So far, I am 3/3 on this one. And generally I have done this every month since I joined BOTM. I read The Silent Patient in January, The Winter Sister in February, and Before She Knew Him in March. Also, a side goal for this is to not always pick 3 books every month. I need to limit myself and only choose books that I feel I really want to read.
5. DNF More Books: I’m a big fail at this one, especially if it’s a hyped book that everyone loves (cue The Raven Cycle). I just can’t bring myself to do it. I did DNF The Prisoner of Cell 25 this year. Because, I mean I couldn’t physically read another word without vomit.
6. Read More Unpopular/Lesser Known Titles: Eventually, I would like to start reading self published books, but I’m not quite there yet. I did read The Red Labyrinth by Meredith Tate and The Waking Forest by Alyssa Wees this year. Neither of these books are on many people’s radar I don’t believe.
What are your goals for 2019 and how are you doing with them?